5 Magical Party Themes for Girls
Every little girl deserves to have a beautiful and memorable birthday party. However, there are oodles of party ideas for girls, which can make the party planning process a little confusing. But don't worry, this list will help! I've taken the guess work out of planning your little girl's birthday bash by providing 5 of my favorite party themes for girls as well as some tips on how to incorporate the party theme into your party space. Get ready to dive into a magical world of pink, ruffles, and sparkle!
Theme #1: Fairy Princess
Does your little girl dream of being transported into a magical world of fairies? Does she spend her play time imagining that she is a beautiful fairy princess? Then, a special fairy-bration is perfect for her!
Tips for creating a Fairy Princess theme in your party space:
Let's start with the basics. You will need plates, cups, napkins, utensils, table covering, and decorations. For the tableware and decorations, you may decide to go with a fun fairy theme such as Tinkerbell, or create your own fairy environment by using soft colors such as pink, lavender and white.
From the moment your guests arrive, you want them to feel as though they have been transported into a new fairy land. Below are some suggestions for how to bring some fairy fun to your party environment:
- Borrow or purchase a bubble making machine for your little fairies to dance around and play in.
- Give each little girl a sparkly tiara, a pretty fairy wand, and cute fairy wings. These can also be used as party favors for the little darlings to take home.
- Decorate your space with clear twinkle lights to create a magical, princess environment.
- Create a canopy over your party space by using pink and lavender streamers or tulle. You may also hang groups of tissue paper flowers from the ceiling to create a magical touch!
- Sprinkle flower petals all over your party room floor to create magical fairy paths.
- Provide jam sandwiches on star-shaped bread. You may use a star-shaped cookie cutter to create the star shape.
- Prepare Enchanted Fairy Punch. Before the party, freeze a pink fruit juice of your choice in ice cube trays. Then on the party day, serve lemon-lime soda, and let each child drop a "magic" ice cube into their soda that will magically transform it into a pink drink!
- Fill a clear container with Pixie Stix candy straws and label them "Pixie Dust".
Theme #2: Magical Unicorns
It's no secret that the unicorn theme is super popular right now. Little girls are loving this theme and who can blame them? This whimsical theme is magical, fun, colorful, and super sweet! If your little girl desires to have a truly enchanting and mystical celebration, then a Magical Unicorn theme will be perfect for her.
Tips for Creating a Magical Unicorn Theme in your Party Space:
For the basic materials, you may decide to go with a unicorn themed design in a rainbow color scheme or create your own color palette. The color scheme of pink, gold, and white goes perfectly with the unicorn theme.
A magical unicorn party should be colorful, but most of all, fun! Below are some suggestions for how to bring some unicorn fun to your party environment:
- Create or purchase a sign or banner with the words "We believe in unicorns." Display your sign or banner at a prominent location in your party space.
- Balloons create a whimsical feel to any party! In order to create a magical feeling, hang balloons from the ceiling in your chosen color scheme, scatter balloons all over the party space floor, and attach balloons onto the walls and doorways.
- Purchase a cute unicorn piñata. Not only can your piñata be used for a fun game, it can also serve as a unique centerpiece for your cake table.
- Create a pretty canopy over your party space by using tulle in your chosen color scheme. In order to create a magical design touch, add stars or twinkle lights to your tulle canopy.
- Tissue tassel garlands add a splash of color and whimsy! You may buy the garland premade or go the semi-DIY route with a custom garland kit. For added sparkle, hot glue bands of gold or silver ribbon around the loops at the top.
- In a clear container, add candy sticks, which resemble unicorn horns, in your chosen color palette. Try adding cute little tags to your containers to make everything a bit more magical!
- Create Magical Unicorn Punch with the following ingredients: Lemon-lime soda, rainbow sherbet, whipped cream, and sprinkles. Pour the punch into a cute cup with a crazy straw for each guest.
- Design Magical Unicorn Horn treats! Purchase sugar cones, colored melting candy, and rainbow sprinkles. Melt the candy according to the directions, paint one to two coats on each sugar cone, and add some sprinkles. Let dry for 20 minutes and store finished cones in the refrigerator until the party. Super cute and super fun!
Theme #3: Beauty and the Beast
Celebrate a tale as old as time with an enchanting Beauty and the Beast party! Young girls have been charmed by this story which teaches that love can be found when you least expect it. Your little girl can invite her friends to "be your guests" for the day by creating a fabulous Beauty and the Beast birthday party!
Tips for Creating a Beauty and the Beast Theme in your Party Space:
For party supplies, you will need the basics listed above. To create the scene, you may choose to purchase Beauty and the Beast themed party supplies or create your own design by using supplies and décor in the colors of pink, yellow, gold, and red.
Your guests should feel as though they have been transported into a beautiful, fairytale scene. Below are some suggestions for how to add a fairytale setting to your party environment:
- Crown your child "Beauty" for the day with a fabulous tiara for her to wear. You may also decide to purchase a pretty yellow ball gown for your princess to wear, just like Belle. It is also a good idea to provide tiaras for her friends to wear as well.
- For the perfect décor item, purchase or create a Beauty and the Beast cardboard standee. The cardboard standee can also serve as a photo prop for your party.
- Incorporate pink and red roses throughout your space. Also include a special rose standing up underneath a glass container to represent Beast's enchanted rose from the movie.
- To bring the Disney magic into your party space, have the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack playing as background music for the duration of the party.
- To create enchanted objects, use stickers with faces on them to decorate tea pots, cups, and clocks.
- Create a canopy above your party space by hanging pretty sheets of fabric in your chosen color scheme. You may also create tapestries by pinning fabric to the walls.
- Play Princess dress-up! Set up a "vanity" area with mirrors, hair brushes, kid-friendly make-up, and princess dress up gowns. This will be lots of fun for the princesses!
- In a prominent location, display a sign that says, "Thank you for being our guests." Ideas for the perfect location for this sign are your party favors table, cake table, or candy buffet.
- Create the perfect tea party scene by serving tea or strawberry milk in fancy tea cups.
- Play "Pass the Enchanted Rose" game! You will need several roses. For safety, ask your florist to snip the roses above the thorns. Have the children sit in a circle. Hand a single rose to one player, and tell her to remove one rose petal and pass it to the left. The next player should do the same and so on. The player who removes the last petal from the enchanted rose is out of the game. Hand a new rose to the remaining players and repeat the same process. Keep playing until there is only one player left in the game. It's a good idea to hand prizes to each child as they are removed from the game.
Theme #4: Mermaid
If your little princess would love to go on a magical journey under the sea, then a Mermaid themed party is the perfect choice! Whether she is a fan of Ariel or all things that live in the sea, a mystical Mermaid theme is certain to dazzle your little mermaid and all her friends.
Tips for Creating a Mermaid Theme in your Party Space:
For your basic Mermaid party supplies, you may decide to go with Disney's Little Mermaid theme or decide to create the feeling of being under the sea by using beautiful colors such as purple and turquoise. Below are some ideas to ensure your Mermaid party goes swimmingly:
- To create an under the sea feeling, hang turquoise foil curtains around your party space.
- Create jellyfish with purple and turquoise paper lanterns and tissue festooning. Just glue the tissue festooning underneath the paper lanterns to create your jellyfish. Hang your jellyfish all over your party space to create the feeling of being under the sea.
- Have "The Little Mermaid" soundtrack playing as background music during your party.
- Purchase seashells at a craft store and use them for your party invitation. Write your party details on the shells and send them in padded envelopes or hand deliver them to each little mermaid guest.
- Scatter seashells, sand dollars, and plastic starfish on the tables and windowsills around your party space.
- Use balloons in your chosen color scheme to enhance the under the sea feeling. Tie groups of three balloons together and add them to the backs of chairs or attach the balloons to balloon weights and place them on top of tables. You can also hang balloons from your ceiling to create a unique canopy. Scattering balloons all over the floor provides a fun design to your party space as well as an activity for the children.
- Fill fish bowls with water and add plastic sea creatures and shells to create a fun centerpiece for your cake table.
- To add an ocean feeling to your party space, hang plastic fish and seahorses from the ceiling using clear fishing line.
- Serve your little mermaids blue Jell-O in clear cups. Before the Jell-O sets, add a gummy fish to each cup.
- Purchase shell shaped plastic dishes to serve goldfish crackers, sour gummy fish, and fish shaped cookies or sandwiches on.
Theme #5: Frozen
Little girls everywhere love Disney's Frozen! It really has taken the world by storm and shows no signs of slowing down. What sounds more fun than a wintery and sparkly Frozen party? If your child desires to have the best and most fun birthday party ever, consider throwing a fabulous Frozen party!
Tips for Creating a Frozen Theme in your Party Space:
To bring the world of Elsa, Anna, and Olaf into your party space, you should start with the basic party supplies such as paper plates, cups, napkins, etc. You may decide to go with themed party supplies or create your own winter wonderland feel by using the color scheme of white, light blue, and silver. Here are some additional ideas on how to create your own Frozen land of Arendelle:
- Purchase or create full-size cardboard standups of Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Sven, and the Frozen castle to create the perfect Frozen party scene. The kids will love posing for pictures with their favorite character!
- Gather tree branches from your backyard. Next, you will spray paint the branches a snowy white, glittery silver, and an icy blue. Then, place the branches in a vase and you will have a stunning, snowy centerpiece.
- Scatter fake snow and snowflakes on your party tables for an icy sparkle.
- Transform your party space into a winter wonderland by hanging silver foil star decorations and snowflakes from your ceiling. You can also hang metallic silver streamer curtains in the doorways or on the walls to simulate icicles.
- When each little girl arrives, give them a sparkly tiara to wear. This can also serve as your party favor.
- Provide Frozen themed costumes and accessories for the children to wear during the party.
- Have the Frozen movie playing during your party. I can guarantee, when Elsa begins to sing "Let It Go", you will instantly have a mini karaoke session!
- Create your own Frozen cake by baking or purchasing an eight-inch round cake covered with white icing. Purchase an Elsa cake topper and rock candy in the shades of blue and white. Place the rock candy around the cake to resemble Elsa's castle, then place your Elsa cake topper in the center.
- Make snowmen with marshmallows, licorice sticks, candy buttons, and icing.
- Turn mini carrots into "Olaf Noses" and pretzel sticks into "Olaf Arms." Serve them with a snowy white onion dip.
Happy Party Planning!